The 18th Annual General Meeting (AGM) of the Intergovernmental Forum on Mining, Minerals, Metals and Sustainable Development (IGF) will convene under the theme “Critical Minerals and Energy Transition”.
The AGM will include sessions on:
- Accelerating decarbonization: technology, innovation and partnerships;
- Building resilient supply chains;
- Community resilience in a just transition;
- Environment, Social and Governance (ESG) and Responsible Mining;
- Government readiness for modern policy and regulatory frameworks;
- Re-mining for critical minerals and land restoration;
- The future of resource taxation; and
- Women in the future of mining.
The IGF supports more than 75 nations committed to leveraging mining for sustainable development to ensure that negative impacts are limited and financial benefits are shared. He is dedicated to maximizing the benefits of mining to achieve poverty reduction, inclusive growth, social development and environmental stewardship.
To get SDG event notices, news and analysis delivered to your inbox, subscribe.
Appointment: November 7-10, 2022
location: Geneva, Geneva, Switzerland